Monday, October 1, 2007

Autumn is definitely here and I LOVE it!

Fall is my favorite season. I love the crispness of it, the smell of it and the look of it. Spring is great and beautiful, but there's just something about fall that makes me happy. Plus, I start thinking about baking and cooking in general. It starts with wanting to bake with apples, then pumpkin and then by the time winter is in full swing, cookies and other baked goods... And not just baked goods, but soups and stews and other baked or roasted items... serious YUM!

Saturday at the farmer's market I bought a 1/2 bushel of apples, that's a SERIOUS amount of apples (like 20 lbs!!!), but I've done that the last two years, made a bunch of baked goods (plus just normal eating of them) and we don't waste a single one!

What I kick myself about is not getting an apple peeler/corer/slicer YEARS AGO! I can get 8 cups of cut up apples in 10 minutes now where it would take me FOREVER before and that old fashioned contraption is only $25, so there was NO REASON to not get it all those years! I guess I was just skeptical in how they worked until I saw it on some TV show and then I was sold!

Today is now Monday and I need to sort through my youngest's wardrobe. We have some SERIOUS weeding too. He has outgrown most of his wardrobe, so I need to see what's lacking (if anything)... it's just MORE stuff for me to take photos of and SELL... I don't know why I drag my feet on getting the baby stuff sold. I'm not pining after having another baby, heck no!!! But... I hate selling small items because it's a lot of effort for not much reward! But, there is a reward for doing it, so I just can't donate them either!

Well... time to wake up DH and get the day started.

No comments: