Sunday, August 12, 2007

I think I broke my toe!


And it was from being stupid of course. I was trying to figure out how to put together the cake projector I have had for eons. Well, I set the HEAVY platform on a soft pillow on top of a shelf. It fell off and landed square on my big toe... GREAT... But, it didn't keep me from finishing the cake this morning. Again, writing sucks, but I think the tree is GREAT! I hope they like it. (After snapping this photo, I realized I forgot the S on their last name and remade the little tree plaque, also added a few more magnolia blossoms too).

I don't know how using the cake projector will be for other things, but it was GREAT for a tree trunk. Except for my toe of course... DUH!!!

I've also been practicing my shell and reverse shell borders. They still aren't perfect, but they are getting a LOT better. Doing a Rope border on everything would start to get noticed I think as lack of variety in something.

I LOVE that this image is on chocolate. Everything is always white frosting, but chocolate makes a nice backdrop too.

I'm ITCHING to make a fondant cake, so if someone really wants to try one, let me know! Maybe I'll make a fondant cake for older DS's eleventh birthday party coming up... or One for the school once it opens. My wheels are churning as to how to get my name out there!

No comments: