Thursday, September 6, 2007

GOTTA hit the cake store today - no more procrastinating!

Despite only 4 hours of sleep last night, I have to get my butt in gear and get to the cake store. Henry ended up taking a 3 hour nap yesterday and went down for the night at 8:45 pm no problem. I stayed up to watch the last two episodes of "Top Chef" (have I said how much I like that show and I almost NEVER watch TV) and then I tried to sleep, but I couldn't. I was still TRYING to sleep when Henry woke for his usual 10 minutes around 12:30 am and then I was finally able to crash. Henry woke for good at 5 am and we both sort of lazed/snoozed until finally getting out of bed at 6 am.

Today, besides dealing with garbage, I will make my first fondant bow and if I'm up to it, a cake for DS's school. My MIL will watch Henry for a few hours on Friday so I can get work done too. Henry really hasn't seen grandma in over a month, so I'm surprised she was still a bit like, "Why, what do you need to do?" Hmmm... she just took our older son for a MONTH (because she wanted to) yet she can't spend 3 hours with her only other grandchild? I HATE, HATE, HATE that she plays favorites, but she certainly does. She used to watch Adrian every day at this age, so it can't be because she doesn't like kids this age. She just seems to only have room in her heart for one person at a time.... and I know that is partially true because she said it's part of the reason she decided to only have one child after having DH. But... that's her and her "ways" I suppose.

I did get to the laundry, yucky dishes, and some organizing yesterday (guilt of being lazy does get me!), so I'm not in too bad of shape at home either. Cake studio isn't quite usable, but SOON, very soon it will be a great place!

No comments: