Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Sleeping is still good AND he's napping

I don't quite get it, but he's been napping 2-3 hours a day AND sleeping most of the night. He DOES wake up during the night a couple times, but is back to sleep until 7 am. It's kind of funny, most people would probably be bemoaning waking twice during the night with a 29 month old, but when you've been through what I've been through with the lack of sleep, waking twice to be able to sleep until 7 am is HEAVEN and the best it's been yet in his life!

Last night we went to a mini concert at a friend's house and had a great time. I made an apple cobbler and it was gobbled up. I think so few people make things from scratch any more that these are super treats. I just can't imagine BUYING a dessert...ick... They just don't taste the same, especially things made with fruit! Yummy Apple Cobbler.

Speaking of baking, I picked up a great book at the library and it's been confirming things I have decided and teaching me things I didn't know too. It's Cooks Illustrated Baking Illustrated. I just did a review an Amazon.com actually. LOTS of nice tips in there and a lot of their conclusions I've also concluded too. I like that the recipes are BASIC. I'm soooo tired of the fancy schmancy cookbooks these days. Basics should be a staple all cooks should know to be a really good cook, but so many things now are too detailed and too complicated. You can't open your pantry and refrigerator and make anything in most cookbooks... not a good thing IMO!

I haven't tried any of these recipes yet, but I plan to! They sound great!

No comments: