Sunday, September 9, 2007

Migraine city!

I have migraine headaches once in awhile. Well, I have headaches PERIOD quite a bit, but fortunately, migraines are rare, but they are BAD! Yesterday afternoon I started to get a headache and i didn't realize it was a migraine type (different headaches feel different usually). So, I took one aleve to prevent it from getting worse. It didnt TOUCH it. We were at the used bookstore and I felt it growing instead of disappearing.

I came home and thought that maybe it was tension, so I took two ibuprofin, and I know that I was overlapping medicine, but I was beginning to be in too much pain to care. I went to bed with the ibuprofin not touching it either... now my head wants to split open. I have no excedrin at home (why?!?!?) and I couldn't take it even if I wanted to because I was under TWO drugs already. Of course, Henry was having a hard night last night too, so he had me up about 4 times and until about 4 am this morning I felt I was having my head smashed in.

I woke up this morning with no headache, but in the 45 minutes I've been up, I feel it coming on. My migraines in the last couple years tend to be several days long too when I do get them. FORTUNATELY excedrin does work for me VERY well. It messes with my digestive track a bit, but it does take care of the splitting headache at least. I think I'll be making a drug store run here in the next half hour or so!

OK, gotta go make some breakfast for me - cats and little one have been taken care of though!

No comments: