Wednesday, September 5, 2007

My son decided for himself he didn't want to nap

Is 2 years 4 months a little early to give up naps? I know I'm not ready for him to give them up. I was really hoping it would mean that he would sleep a LOT better at night, but he went to bed at 8:45 pm, woke at midnight for about 10 minutes, and then slept until 6 am. That is 9 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period. That's what my 11 year old still needs... and he was never a long sleeper either, but at this age I KNOW he slept 10 to 11 hours a day...ugh... why ME??? To have TWO kids who didn't like to sleep? Adrian would take HOURS to get him to sleep, Henry goes to sleep easily but wakes too early! UGH!!! Oh Well...

Today I am have to run several errands, but I need to get to the cake supply store too to get to making that bow for the cake! I found a great tutorial, so hopefully it will go smoothly (PLEASE). One of these days I'll make a cake that isn't all "new" to me and then it will be perfecting skills instead of learning new ones all the time.

I know there was something else I wanted to say this morning and for the LIFE of me I can't remember!... I guess stay tuned for a later update! LOL

3 comments:

Susie said...

Just wanted to say I love your blog and your cakes. :)
All kids are different of course but my two sons slept 11 hours every night plus a three to four hour nap at that age and they did this until they entered school and they often took naps in school at nap time.
My grandson quit taking naps at 3 and 1/2 which I think was a little young as he would show he was tired by late afternoon by being a tad grouchy.
You need to do what 'you' think is best. He of course is too little to decide. :)
Susie

Sweet Melissa said...

THANK YOU for your comment... I know he needs more sleep - I can SEE it, but how do I convince him? We have tried EVERYTHING we can think of. It is so frustrating. My husband gave up his naps when he was two, but he also slept 12 hours at night - that's a FAR CRY from what Henry has been doing. I think I've aged 15 years with the 2 years of his life. Before he was 23 months old, he would sleep about 10 hours, but would wake 5-7 times. I broke that habit and this is when the "not sleeping" and early waking began - so 5 months of this horrible and short sleeping. I'm really at my wit's end!

Susie said...

I wish I could help. Some kids do require less sleep but I guess if you think he needs more than he just has to get it. There is nothing you can do to make him sleep but you can lay him down and he will get the hint after awhile that there will be a lay down time everyday and maybe her will sleep better after a time.
I'm tired just hearing about your troubles. :)
Hope all gets better soon,
Susie