Sunday, September 16, 2007

Some days are just weird!

Yesterday, Henry decided once again that 5 am was a great time to wake up. Sure, it gets me day off nice and early, but not in a nice way. I always make him stay in bed until 6 am as I don't want to encourage the 5 am stuff (he remains pretty quiet, but it doesn't seem to be helping his sleep any!)

Then, we got up, had breakfast, and then went to the farmer's market. Again, Henry was my big helper. He really likes helping me with selecting the vegetables and fruit, so once again, it was an easy outing. Came home, got older DS to Tae Kwon Do, and then came home waiting for Henry to SLEEP so I could sleep too.

I was supposed to meet a friend at the park at Noon, but I could see that wasn't going to happen at noon. So, gave her a call and then promptly put henry to bed. That was around 11:15 am. I woke up around 12:30. The phone had rung 4 times and even though Sven was getting the phone, I couldn't keep sleeping through that, so I got up. Henry kept sleeping. At first we said we would try to get to the park at 1:30 pm, but Henry was still sleeping.

So, I worked on that thank you cake, spent time with DS and DH, and Henry was STILL sleeping. FINALLY, FINALLY at 4 pm (yes you read that right) I went upstairs to try to wake Henry "gently". We had been trying to make normal noise while upstairs for the hour before that and NOTHING... so, I started to wake him up... and he was NOT happy about that... I think we worked on that for about 45 minutes. Then, finally at like 5 pm, we got to the park FINALLY.

I thought for sure Henry would have a terrible night of sleep last night. I didn't put him down at a normal time, but at 10:30 pm and he went down IMMEDIATELY and slept until 6 am this morning!!! And then was in and out until 6:30 am snoozing.

Our new plan of action is to not let him nap for more than 2.5 hours. Those long naps (and he's done a few 3 and 4 hour naps recently) CAN'T be good for night sleeping. All of this in the last two weeks has been so weird with his sleeping, but we need to return to the consistent bedtime he's always had, but to do that, we can't have him napping 3-4.5 hours until late afternoon!

So...as I said, I had time to decorate a cake yesterday. It was "use my leftover colored icing day" and it turned out pretty cute. This was a freebie cake, so I didn't want to go too crazy!

No comments: